Take a look at the range of FREE workshops and courses we offer that will help you develop your creative skills so you can enjoy your hobby to the full!
What we offer
Starting your creative journey towards mental health and wellbeing is so easy!
Warwickshire County Council has commissioned Arty-Folks to support adults 18+ of working age who feel at a low point in life and those wanting to support their mental wellbeing through an extensive programme of Creative Arts Warwickshire courses and workshops.
At present most courses are run online using Zoom
with some classes being held at our studios in Coventry.
From September onwards we are hoping to hold classes in venues across Warwickshire, Covid-19 allowing.
Choose a course that suits your circumstances and start your journey of self-discovery
- Taster Workshops that will give you a good insight into what we offer and how we work
- Art for Relaxation courses we run at different times to suit people’s needs and commitments, and that will give you the foundation skills to better manage your mental health and wellbeing through art
- Advance your creative skills development courses where you will develop your hobby further together with like-minded people
- Challenge yourself with art for mental wealth courses that will enable you to have a better understanding of yourself and map a new way forward.
We are here to listen and support you if you are finding it difficult to get through your present situation. You can contact us 9am to 9pm by phone 074 436 436 34 or text, or email email@example.com
We have listed a few local helplines here for you
Kooth is a mental health platform providing a confidential, anonymous space for all young people aged 11 – 25 years old. Kooth offers free, immediate, online counselling as well as access to lots of self-help tools such as; discussion forums with peers, an online magazine and even an activity hub of challenges.
- Mental Health Matters offers a free 24/7 confidential helpline providing emotional support to residents of Coventry & Warwickshire. Call 0800 616 171
- NHS urgent information about all-age Mental Health support including Crisis service
- Cruse offers information and support to all those affected by bereavement. Helpline: 0808 808 1677 Opening times: Monday to Friday: 9.30am to 5pm (excluding bank holidays) Extended hours on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings, open until 8pm.
- Dearlife has been created by health and social care partners across Coventry and Warwickshire to help people find the tools to maintain and improve their wellbeing and the wellbeing of others. It offers a wealth of information about where to get help in a crisis, advice on how to maintain good mental health, how to help others in need and comprehensive signposting to support.
Art for Relaxation Art before Work
Short introductory courses to build your foundation art and mental health skills. These will prepare you for the 6-week course of your choice and will inspire you to a journey of self-development and personal growth through Art.
Our members personal stories of recovery will instill you with hope that, no matter how dark, there is definitely light at the end of a tunnel.