Upcoming Introduction to Arty-Folks Studios in Coventry
Goes On Sale
13:00 - 15:00
Arty-Folks Studios in Coventry
Do you live in Coventry/Warwickshire and are you looking for an in-person art group that supports your mental health and wellbeing?
If you are struggling with anxiety, depression and poor mental health we invite you to join this 3-week introductory course at our art studio in Coventry and start your creative recovery journey.
Monday 8th April’24, 1pm-3pm
Monday 15th April’24, 1pm-3pm
Monday 22nd April’24, 1pm-3pm
To be eligible for enrolment
- You must be 17-65years old and living in Coventry or Warwickshire.
- experiencing mental health difficulties such as anxiety, depression, psychosis, personality disorders, schizophrenia, or self-diagnosed mental distress.
- be able to attend independently and engage in a small group environment.
Please note that our programme is not suitable for people at acute crisis point, with Dementia or Alzheimers, SEN, higher spectrum Autism, or with a current alcohol or drug dependence.
To register a place
Click on the orange ‘Register Now’ button you can see on top right and enter your details. We will then call you to check your eligibility.
Note: booking is essential.
What to expect:
- We will start you off on a relaxing art project that is suitable for people who have never done any art since school and those who are more experienced will also enjoy. We provide all materials, tuition, and refreshments FREE.
- you will learn foundation skills to painting with acrylics using primary colours, pencil drawing, and art history related to the project.
- You will meet other like-minded people who are looking to take steps on their recovery journey.
- You will talk to our Wellbeing Coach and explore how we can support you on your recovery journey and address any non-medical aspects that are holding you back in the here and now.
- Our Peer Recovery Worker will help you get plugged into other opportunities in the community that will improve your wellbeing including volunteering, education, or employment.
“I don’t want to take medication for my mental health and Arty-Folks offered me the whole package of support I needed; art therapy, mental health coaching, and also support to help me move forward. I have met amazing people and I feel safe and accepted as I am.”
After you completed your introduction course:
On successful completion of your induction to Arty-Folks’ art studios, you will discuss with our Wellbeing Coach how you can continue developing your arts practice, and our Peer Recovery Worker will provide you with information and help to access your chosen opportunities.
“I discovered Arty Folks when I felt very low and isolated. The support staff have given me to put my life in order has been second to none!”