Expired Uniquely Vincent
10:00 - 12:00
a free 6-week online course for adults struggling with stress, anxiety and depression.
Vincent van Gogh painted Starry Night in 1889 and today it is undoubtedly one of the most recognized pieces of art in the world. In this course you will learn about his life and his approach to landscape painting, and we will focus on paint application techniques to create depth and movement.
To enrol on this course you must be 18+ and living in Warwickshire.
Level of difficulty: Intermediate and Advanced
Wednesday 2nd February, 10am-12pm
Wednesday 9th February, 10am-12pm
Wednesday 16th February, 10am-12pm
Wednesday 2nd March, 10am-12pm
Wednesday 9th March, 10am-12pm
Wednesday 16th March, 10am-12pm
How to book your place:
Register your place by clicking on the orange ‘Register Now’ button you can see on top right. You will then receive an email confirmation with the Zoom link.
When you’re registering your place, your email will automatically be added to our newsletter, if you do not wish to be notified about our courses in the future you can unsubscribe here. Please note that you can only attend one course at any one time. Once you have completed your course, you may be able to book on a further course.
What you will need:
- Acrylic paints: Cadmium Yellow, Alizarin Crimson red, Coeruleum Blue, Titanium white
- good Internet connection/Wifi
- Zoom app on mobile or laptop/PC with video and microphone
- a place you can work undisturbed
We will post an art pack to you after the first workshop with additional materials.
What you will learn:
- sketching for landscape painting
- mixing the full colour range using primary colours plus white
- application techniques to create movement
- to paint your own landscape inspired by Vincent
- contemporary artists who were inspired by Vincent
Art for Wellbeing Warwickshire is a programme of workshops and courses for adults with low to moderate mental health needs commissioned by Warwickshire County Council.