Fine Art to Wellbeing
13:00 - 15:00
We think about creativity as making something new and original, but in fact the root meaning of creativity means ‘to grow’.
Thursday 1st July, 1pm-3pm
Thursday 8th July, 1pm-3pm
Thursday 15th July, 1pm-3pm
This is a free 3 week advanced course designed for adults of working age:
- ideally you would have completed the Art for Relaxation course with Arty-Folks which will have provided you with foundation skills to make the most of this advanced course.
- living in Coventry and Warwickshire who are experiencing mental health issues that are holding them back in the here and now.
- NOT a training course for professional development.
- people who are looking for self-help and creative strategies to improve mental well-being.
This is a practical course and suits any skills level as there is no right or wrong in the way we will create Art. During the three sessions you will explore how Art can help you look at things from a fresh perspective, to better understand your own thoughts and feelings, and map a different way forward. We will guide you through creative exercises step by step and there is no pressure as there is no defined image you need to achieve by the end of the workshop.
What you will need:
- good Internet connection/Wifi
- mobile or laptop/PC with video and microphone
- sheets of white A4 paper
- pencil and rubber
- colour pencils or felt tips
- newspaper and/or magazine
- glue (ideally a glue stick)
- a comfortable and safe space you can work undisturbed
We will be using Zoom to bring you all to the workshop. Once you’ve enrolled we will email you the link you need to click when the session starts – please check your spam/ junk folder if you do not receive the email in your inbox.
We will be using Zoom to bring you all to the workshop.
When you enrol you will be automatically emailed the Zoom link you need to click when the session starts.
Please check your spam/ junk folder if you do not receive the email in your inbox.