Online – Art for Relaxation
13:00 - 15:00
ART FOR RELAXATION
a free short course of 3-weeks designed for adults 18+ in Coventry and Warwickshire who are feeling stressed and are looking for creative strategies to improve mental wellbeing.
Level of difficulty: beginners
Even if you don’t think you are creative give it a go as we will help you create your own artwork in easy steps. This course is about learning new skills and switching off from worrying, rather than becoming the next Picasso!
“I enjoyed the opportunity to meet a group of people with a common interest, and I learnt to just let go and be creative without judgement. Truly liberating!”
Monday 20th June, 1pm-3pm
Monday 27th June, 1pm-3pm
Monday 4th July, 1pm-3pm
How to book a place
Register your place by clicking on the orange ‘Register Now’ button you can see now on top right. You will then receive an email confirmation with the Zoom link.
Please note that you can only attend one course at any one time. Once you have completed your course, you may be able to book on a further course.
What you will learn in these three workshops:
- three different creative techniques that will help you recognise your own symptoms of stress
- use your creativity to reduce stress, anxiety and depression
- understand the benefits of practising art for relaxation
- become more confident in your creative skills and your arts practice for wellbeing
This is a practical course co-delivered by Arty-Folks artists and people with lived experience.
What you will need
- good Internet connection/Wifi
- Zoom app on mobile or laptop/PC with video and microphone
- white A4 paper
- pencil, black biro or marker
- colour pencils or felt tips
- glue (ideally a glue stick)
- ear phones
- a comfortable and safe space you can work undisturbed
Art for Wellbeing Warwickshire is a 2.5yr programme of workshops and courses for adults with low to moderate mental health needs commissioned by Warwickshire County Council.