We are recruiting!
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
Start Date: As soon as possible, but we can be ﬂexible for the right candidate
Contract type: Fixed term for 6 month, to be renegotiated
Hours: 22.5hours per week
Salary: £25,000 pro rata
We are looking for a Marketing and Communications Officer to join our small team. Now is an exciting time at Arty Folks as we have recently been commissioned to run an extensive Creative Arts on Referral programme online and in venues across Coventry and Warwickshire for adults with low to moderate mental health needs. The successful candidate will be responsible for marketing this programme and ensuring we achieve our goals. You will work with us to promote art as a powerful tool to achieve good mental health, to spark the human drive to explore, to learn, to succeed.
Successful applicants will have at least 3years’ experience in marketing or communications and will be ambitious in supporting the team to reach our goals, resilient, creative, have attention to detail, be highly organised, reliable and a self-starter. Like us, we would want you to be passionate about our work and interested in learning from analytics and measuring success. We value diversity and inclusivity as combatting discrimination in all its forms is super important to us.
We are a small team and while everyone has their own role clearly defined, we all get stuck in and we never say “that’s not my job” – we are team players.
Application deadline Thursday 7th of January 2021, 5pm.
Send a CV (including two references) and brief covering letter or video, explaining why you feel you suit this role and highlighting your relevant experience, to email@example.com, with Marketing and Communications Officer in the subject line.
You need to link us to an example of a campaign or comms piece you have done recently and be able to explain succinctly what was achieved.
Interviews for shortlisted candidates will take place week commencing 11th of January 2021.
Short-listed candidates will make a presentation to the Board of Trustees the week commencing 18th of January 2021.
- Develop and manage successful marketing and communications strategies to meet our targets and funders expectations.
- Capture and communicate stories of our impact and our community, ensuring all content is on brand, relevant and consistent in voice and tone.
- Amplify our brand and articulate our value through punchy, impactful messaging across multiple platforms speaking to multiple audiences (scheduled and reactive) including our WordPress website.
- Coordinate the effective use of social media to promote services and key messages, including maintaining accounts and schedules.
- Create project/event speciﬁc comms plans, in collaboration with teams, and helping to deliver them.
- Find opportunities to grow the brand presence through press and awards, liaising with press contacts and writing/placing press releases
- Liaise closely with the staff team to create informing, engaging and thought-provoking content.
- Stay on top of the latest digital trends and audience behaviour insights to generate recommendations and share ideas
- Analyse online engagement to understand online audiences, evaluate the performance and impact of content and channels, regularly report insights and provide recommendations.
- Attend key events and develop new opportunities to link in with Coventry City of Culture 2021.
- You must have at least 3 years’ experience in a marketing or communications role
- You must be social media savvy (Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube), great with words and experienced in bringing campaigns together in a coherent way with the right content delivered at the right time on the right platform with clear metrics for results.
- You must be based in the Coventry-Warwickshire area.
- You must have knowledge of equality and diversity and its relevance to the communications and marketing function.
- It is expected that you have a working knowledge of Microsoft applications such as spreadsheets and databases.
- Graphic design skills to create captivating marketing material would be an asset
- Any additional creative skills such as videography welcome
Personal skills and qualities:
- Compelling, clear and creative communicator
- Passionate about our brand and aspirations and the power of storytelling
- Growth mindset and creatively able to adapt quickly to change
- Super organised and able to prioritise by setting deadlines
- Great attention to detail – able to spot mistakes & keep high quality without compromising on pace
- Audience ﬁrst. You think about what you’re creating, for whom and why
- Data geeky. You’re interested in learning from analytics and measuring success
- Excellent contributor to collaborative team culture
- Accountable and willing to take initiative
- Resilient when things go wrong and able to inspire others to move through diﬃculty
- Committed. You see things through. You’re reliable and people say they can count on you
- Ambitious and wants to support our team to reach our goals and dream big
- Value diversity and inclusivity as combatting discrimination in all its forms is super important to us
- Are not afraid to get their hands dirty and are open to learning new skills
- We exist to inspire change and we want to lead out in front.
- We recognise and respect diversity while treating all people equally.
- We are creative and purposeful, vibrant and inspiring through creative expression, but never at the expense of simplicity and clarity.
- We enquire. We pose questions, don’t accept the status quo and always, always ask: what can we do together to make this be better?
- We seek to empower people rather than creating dependency.
- We want to know what’s going on in the world and in people’s hearts and minds. We ask and we listen.
- We express ourselves and we thrive for authenticity and congruence in everything we do.
- We believe that whilst past hurts cannot be undone, everyone can learn to walk in their own shoes with confidence
- We work hard and have high standards and we do our best to keep a good work-life balance.
- We make every environment an enjoyable place to be, to be creative, to learn from each other, and everything we do is grounded in working together as a team.
- We love what we do and we want to communicate this with creative flair to a wide range of audiences.